March 21, 2020
Dear Friends in the LocalWe Community:
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread in the U.S. and all economic activity is affected, local small businesses and self-employed Americans are facing especially serious financial problems. In the face of these challenges, LocalWe’s customers continue to support us and our manufacturers by placing orders. LocalWe remains open and we continue to ship orders within the “Lead Time” stated on each of our product pages. As of yet, even our limited production Artisan products that are made to order are shipping on time and we have no reported production delays from any of our manufacturers.
As always, the health and safety of our people, customers and manufacturers are our top priorities. We continue to follow Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended guidelines for businesses and will continue to monitor the situation and how it affects our community.
Here are some things you can do to help local small businesses in your community:
- Tell your friends. Many local small businesses rely on word of mouth to drive new customers.
- Shop online. Many local small businesses have online access to their goods and services, making it possible to continue to support them even if their physical locations are closed.
- Order takeout. Restaurants are especially hard hit by the crisis. If you’re tired of what’s stocked in your fridge, venture out for some fresh air and pick up a sack of your favorite foods. Many restaurants are also now offering delivery.
- Follow, like and share on social media. When you interact with a local small businesses’ social media, it helps to get the word out to your friends and other consumers interested in what the businesses have to offer.
- Buy gift cards. Your gift card purchases get money to the local small businesses today to help them through this difficult time. Then you can go back and redeem them for goods and services later.
Thank you so much for your support of LocalWe, our manufacturers and the local small businesses in your community. It makes a huge difference and we really appreciate it.
If you require additional information about the Coronavirus, please visit the CDC website.