Wood Square Edged Spatula
This Handmade Wood Square Edged Spatula is made in the U.S.A. It's a quality wooden utensil that's hand carved by Artisan woodworkers in Leslie, Arkansas from sustainably harvested local wood. It's a functional piece of art that can be passed down for generations.
Uses: Use this charming scraper for all of your favorite stirring, scraping and flipping tasks. It also makes a perfect roux spoon and even a perfect spreader for cake frosting! You'll love finding new uses everyday for this favorite utensil.
Pairs great with our Handmade Wood Square Edged Spoon. Get them together in the drop down list.
Makes a lovely gift for your favorite chef and a charming piece of kitchen decor.
- Hand carved by Artisan woodworkers in Leslie, Arkansas.
- Quality craftsmanship.
- A functional piece of art.
- Made from sustainably harvested local wood.
The Maker's Process:
Artisan woodworkers make these lovely wooden utensils just like back in the good old days by following these steps:
- The perfect block of wood is selected.
- A custom template is laid on the wood and the shape is drawn out.
- The block is carefully guided through a band saw to make the basic shape.
- Rough sanding gets the piece closer to the end shape.
- When making a spoon, the bowl is gouged out to the desired depth.
- The piece is sanded again, by hand, using increasingly finer sandpaper until the desired smoothness has been reached.
- Next is everyone's favorite step - the piece is rubbed with the maker's own blend of edible cooking oils and a little beeswax.
- All that's left is to step back and admire the piece as a sustainably produced piece of functional art.
Hand wash only please. Oil occasionally to keep your wooden utensils looking their best.
Due to the nature of each item being individually handmade, some variations may occur in shape, wood color and grain from the items pictured. Each one is unique and beautiful.
Size: Length 13", Bowl Width 2 1/2", Bowl Length 3 1/2". Sizes are approximate.
Made in: Leslie, AR
Lead time: 7 - 10 days. The Archote Family hand carves their work to order especially for you. The wood supply may also be limited. This process can take a little extra time, but it's worth the wait for these Artisan pieces.
About the Manufacturer
Check out our Blog Post "4 Easy Tips on How to Care for Your Wooden Kitchen Utensils"
Check out our Blog Post: "I'd Rather be an (Urban Wood) Spoon"
The Archote Family
>Shop Local Arkansas
The Archote Family makes sustainably produced functional art in Leslie, AR. Their business (Eleazar Woodworks) has been family owned and operated since 1985. It was founded by Brad Archote, a rural...