"Absolutely beautiful pillow! A lot of love went into making it."
Show your love for your special dog or cat with this Custom Pet Pillow Fabric Portrait. It's hand crafted by a talented artist who has an eye for capturing the essence of each subject by "painting" them in colorful textured fabrics.
Makes a wonderful personalized gift for animal lovers.
The Artistic Process:
Each item is an original work of art. The artist first communicates with you to learn about your pet and the story you are looking to tell through the portrait. Is your pet sweet? feisty? happy? lazy? grumpy? She then sketches out the portrait and creates a color palette and selection of colorful textured fabrics that will will bring out the essence of your furry friend. Next, the artist cuts the individual fabric like puzzle pieces. The portrait and pillow are then hand sewn together by the artist on her vintage treadle sewing machine she calls "Bessie."
Here are the steps:
- Place an order for your Custom Pet Pillow Fabric Portrait.
- The artist calls you to learn about your pet and to collaborate with you about colors and fabrics. (Please be sure to include your number with the order).
- Provide the artist with a favorite photo to be used as a guide. Email is preferred. (The artist will give you the information for sending her the picture.)
- The artist hand sews your pillow on her vintage treadle sewing machine.
- Your pillow is carefully packaged and sent to you.
Size: Pillow: 14" x 14" or 18" x 18". Sizes are approximate.
Made in: Hemlock, NY
Lead time: Approximately 3 to 5 days from when the artists begins her work. Items will be made in the order they are received.
About the Manufacturer
>Shop Local New York
Wendy is a "Cleaver Treadler" who creates her unique art on her vintage treadle sewing machine she lovingly calls "Bessie." Check out the picture of Bessie in the product photos. Wendy is a multitalented lady who works out of her studio in the quaint hamlet of Hemlock, NY, population 557. Look for more of Wendy's work to be featured on LocalWe soon.